For the upcoming wedding, I started making a vintage dress pattern. I tissue fit and then realized the fabric I wanted to use was too stiff. bah. I think I'll use the pattern for a summer wedding since it'll be better in a very flowy fabric.
So, I thought, Hey, I've got McCall 5466 in the stash, I'll make that since it'll be better with the heavier weight wool lycra blend I want to use.
UGH. This pattern is ALL WRONG for my body type! So, back into the envelope it goes. I may try to remake it some time with some major modifications, but for now, I don't have the patience!
So, I am making a skirt. I'm using a "tried 'n' true" New Look basic A-line skirt. But I'm adding a ruffle to the back from a skirt in the Otona No Couture Skirts book. You can see the cover at the Japan Couture Addicts site. It's book 65 on their list. (no one else has made it though. boo!)
I recklessly cut into my fashion fabric ($2.99/yd Pendelton wool.lycra!) and pinned the pieces together. Fit is GO! So I cut out the ruffles from the Japanese book (enlarging by FOUR sizes from their largest which is a 38" hip [size 13]) and pinned htose to the back. AND IT LOOKS good.
and I am so sad because my camera is toast and I can't take a picture of it!
No all I have to do is: finish the skirt, sew two nightgowns, embroider and sew a lunchbag, applique a onesie and figure out which blouse to make AND make the blouse! all in one week.
I'm thinking of making a Burda WOF for the top in a stretch satin. But that may be courting disaster.