Sunday, September 09, 2007

Tissue Fitting Simplicity 4949

I did a tissue fitting of my vintage pattern. (I tissue fit it on me, but that's a photo I do not want posted on the internet!)

I added some room to the top using the slash and spread method but I think I added to much. I took off a bunch when I made my muslin (which I will not post since it's quite ugly fabric)

I really need to learn not to add so much when doing a FBA. I've got big boobs, but I also like less ease than many patterns call for! I added a bit to the sides, but took that out too since it seemed to flair out on the sides too much.

Theres's a recommendation in a sewing text I have that has a technique for chaning the shape of the skirt so that the crossgrain isn't straight across your hips, which causes that outward flair. I don't know if I dare do it on my fashion fabric or not? I may make a small 1/2 adjustment.

No comments: