A Christmas Dress
Fabric: two different stretch corduroys
This pattern was a snap to put together. The instructions are very clear although I didn't follow them exactly. The insturctions call for a zig-zag top stitch on the skirt but I thought that would cause the corduroy to buckle so I used a plain straight stitch.
I like that the pattern reminded me which way is "up" on corduory.
I also like that the neckline uses a self-front facing and bias tape facing on the neck. I hate facings so it was nice to see this method in the instructions.
Greta picked out the fabric and buttons for this dress (I would not have chosen such pointy buttons!) She'll be taking it to Alaska to wear for Christmas with the grandparents.
My daughter said while I was making the dress that wanted a top that in her words "flares out at the bottom." She drew me a picture of what she wanted and luckily, it is quite simmilar to View B of this pattern. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this one.
I should be able to add some different details (like piping between the layers and doing two layers of flouce) and use some "wilder" fabric choices to give it that "Euro Boutique" look rather than the "Country Christmas" look the current version of the dress has.